• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A How can I get certified when no exams offered in my area?

LillyR

Hi,
I have been a member of the Kingman/Lake Havasu Chapter since May of last year. I graduated in July from the Ultimate Medical Academy. I have taken and failed the CPC exam twice, which I was planning to take again. The problem I have is the last test was December 13, 2014, so the exam date should be in March, according to the chapter handbook. There is no listing for Kingman or Lake Havasu. I tried posting in the Chapter forum. but considering that the last post was October 2014, (that looked hopeless), I called AAPC in Utah and was told that they think the chapter is disbanding. (That was a years membership down the drain)

The biggest problem of all is; I have no way of transportation, I can't drive anymore due to my disability.

Is there anyway that I can still take my CPC exam? Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,
LillyR

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Lilly,

Sorry for what you're going through. You really need to have this conversation directly with the AAPC. I'm not sure if they have special arrangements.

Despite your disability I would think they would say it's your responsibility to get your self to a testing site - get a ride from a friend or relative etc.. Now if there is no chapter in your area and if there is one at a later date they may allow you to extend how long it is for you to do your retake. But it sounds like you're taking it a third time so you had to pay again - you should be able to schedule it whenever you want.

Don't feel your year attending the local chapter was a waste - some people don't have any chapters near them. The networking and information you learned while attending should be worth something.

I hope things turn around for you soon! Best wishes!